Friday, October 7, 2011

Homecoming Happiness

While my Oldest son was at the homecoming football game watching Joplin DEFEAT their opponent tonight ~GO EAGLES!! I was at home making corsages & boutonniere's for the big dance tomorrow.


This is my son's 1st "formal" school dance so who is excited..........MOM is excited!


I think I am more excited to go take pictures tomorrow!! What a wonderful experience! I myself never went to ANY school dances except for my senior prom! So I feel like my son is ahead of the game already, getting to experience Homecoming!


I used purple alstromeria & white roses for his friends girlfriends corsage


I added lirope & rose leaves, cream tulle & purple & gold sheer ribbon. I also used a fabric covered hair rubber band for the wristlet & viola....there you have it a thing of beauty!



I even packaged them pretty for the boys to deliver to their dates




Yes I needed a little pick me up to get me through, can you say Iced Vanilla Latte...I love my Starbucks!!! I love my Keurig MORE but I am waiting for a new one to arrive since I wore the last one out apparently!



Here are the starts to the corsage my son will give to his date.

cream & pink roses with babies breath & ruscus for the greenery. I discovered rather late that I had no pretty ribbon to go with it so in a pinch the mind gets creative.......I used the cream tulle, some rhinestone embellishments & black feathers from my Halloween boa! Then I found just enough glitter spray to shine it up & make it extra sparkly!




My son's Boutonniere! Hopefully he will not give me too much grief about wearing it....such a manly man he is!
here they are all packed up nice & pretty! did I say I cant wait to take pictures tomorrow??


My son wanted to wear black on black...he is going to look soooooo sharp!


more to come tomorrow so check back to see the kids all spiffied up!





Until then...........happy creating!




















No comments:

Post a Comment